Hurray!!!!!! Just 4 days to go and then I'm off for 5 weeks of holidays!!! The flat is in such a state, there are things lying around everywhere, one corner is for the stuff to take to Malta and another corner is for the stuff to take to Japan... and obviously il-Capo has done his fair share of leaving imbarazz all over the place (Maltese word for 'junk').. plus there are endless notes, lists of things to pack and To Do lists... Useless as I'm sure we'll end up forgetting something anyway. It's a big race now until Thursday, will probably work till late to try and finish everything ... which in any case is impossible. I'm so excited, already drafted my Out of Office reply!!! :-)
Meanwhile I've been working on my tan... didnt want to look like a piece of cheese in my white dress.. so ok I admit I went a few times to the solarium to "revive" the tan I had from Egypt.. But these last few days we had fantastic weather.. today the temperature went up to 29 degrees. Ok its a bit freaky, apparently they haven't had such warm weather in April since the 1800s!!! So here are some pics from Veere, my favourite seaside place on the Dutch coast, just one and a half hours from here... I couldn't help noticing that there are a few little houses for sale in this town... I would looovvve to have a weekend place here.. and prices aren't too expensive either. Cheaper than Malta for a start... well ok it doesn't take much to beat the prices on the rock. So I think I almost convinced il Capo that we should rent one for the summer and see whether we like it... I think it would be a great idea. They're really pretty and many of them have a little garden, which is what I really crave in the summer months. With the long daylight hours it's ideal to have a garden as you can stay outdoors all evening, organise BBQs, etc. So I think this will be my mission for when I return from Japan...
2 comments:
hey jol, it's me, typing a quick message from my shadowy purple and lime room at 12, St Paul's Street, Valletta :-)
Gosh, you've lost weight !!!!
see you soon!!!!
xxx
g
How exciting!!! Enjoy your day - and post pics of your brown self in your white dress!
xx
Post a Comment