Saturday, February 24, 2007
My weekend
Hey, finally I'm relaxing at home after a mega-stressful week. Had a stressful Saturday morning, loads of shopping to do, uugh. It's the only day I can shop as I always stay too late in the office during the week and the shops would be closed by the time I leave work, so I always have to do my errands on a Saturday, and apparently so do the rest of the inhabitants of Brussels as the shops are always jam-packed, especially in the afternoon. Everything is a bit slow here in the mornings so Saturday morning is always quiet and you can shop in peace, the invasion usually starts around 1pm so by then it's best to be on the way home, unless you want to be caught in the stampede... and when that happens I always end up with a big headache. This weekend I really needed to rest after a hectic week which included a 1-day trip to Frankfurt on Thursday starting with a 6.30 am flight.. you can imagine, I'm exhausted. On Friday I had to use some reserve energy as we were invited to dinner at some friends, but we had a really nice evening so it was good. Then yesterday evening we had friends over but luckily il-Capo cooked everything and I could have a nap after coming back from the shops. The food was great, he made a soup for starters and then a seafood risotto that was absolutely delicious. I really think it was restaurant standard!!! :-) Much better than the starter I had at l'Idiot du village last Monday. Luckily there's some left-over so we're having it for lunch today mmmm. After lunch I think i'll start writing the invitations, have quite a few to do and a lot of them need some thinking so better get cracking. Al you asked me about the tulips... well I don't know about tulips in the Maltese climate, but apparently they don't survive in my flat either as the plant looks dead!!! My mother said they're meant to be outdoors though so i suppose they didnt like the temperature in our living room! Anyway I've put them out on the balcony now so we'll see whether they come back to life :-) Have a nice Sunday!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahahahha late comment but after giving a speech about leaving comments i realised i had better do my fair share! :-P
Another weekend approaching! Hope you will receive my box of goodies this weekend!! ;-)
xxx
Post a Comment