Tuesday, March 13, 2007
All for the love of diving!!!
Heyy!!! I'm back again on this filthy internet-cafe-keyboard... the keys are sooo grimey and there is even the occasional black sufa sticking out from between the keys! Jukk!!! Anyway at least this one is not as slow as the others i was using before. My holiday is almost over... we had our last dives today and decided that we dived enough so won't be diving again tomorrow. We're tired of stretching and tugging at a soaking wetsuit and struggling with the tanks and weights. You really have to love diving to torture yourself like that! It's been fun but now we need a day off!!! Plus the sea is absolutely freezing!!! 22 degrees and after 45 mins underwater you no longer feel your hands and feet and you just want to piss in your suit!!! Yesterday I climbed onto the boat after a dive absolutely freezing with the wind blowing and I was completely frozen and dying to piss so I pulled off the suit as fast as I could - which is no easy task when it's all soaking so it literally sticks to you - so I finally managed to rip it off and ran across the boat to the toilet where the door was wide welcoming me and in the rush i bashed my foot against a tank at the side and I was literally howling with the pain and trying not to pee in the process!!! Aaaaggh!!! So we'll have a break tomorrow. Anyway we'd only be allowed to dive in the morning given that we are flying on Thursday at lunch time. Also this afternoon the weather got a bit funny and it became quite windy so we're not that keen on having a washing-machine style dive! On the whole it's been great even though things have changed quite a bit since we last came here. Loads more tourists, more hotels, less divers, more old people (Bugibba style), higher prices, colder sea and we think also less fish. Biggest disappointment was that we didnt see any turtles this time!!! Boo hhhoooo!!!! But for the rest it was fun and we had many nice dives, saw nice fish and I got a nice suntan so i dont look like a gbejna tal-Benna any longer :-) After all these boat dives I'm completely dizzy and just seeing everything swinging - the pc monitor is just bobbing up and down at the moment!!! But now i'm also looking forward to be back in Brussels and back into my routine. They're my last 4 weeks of work so plenty to get done. Tomorrow I think we'll have a late breakfast and then have a walk around and then straight to the beach for a last dose of sunshine. Sorry no pics as yet... dont think i could download them here... so will show you some when I get back home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool! Sounds like fun!
I booked my ticket to Malaysia for my easter holidays! I'm gonna be doing some diving on one of the pristine islands! Cant wait!! And i'll even be working on my tan for my peppermint dress! ;-)
No tan lines i promise!
Post a Comment