Hi everyone!!! I decided to give a make-over to my blog and switched to some bright Spring colours!!! It felt like summer here today, we had beautiful weather and I think the fact that we moved our clocks one hour forward last weekend really helped!! The bars and restaurants all got their chairs and tables outdoors and everyone was wearing sunglasses. At 8pm I was walking in the park and it was full of people strolling along and jogging - I guess most of them are preparing for the 20km race which unfortunately I'll have to miss this year as it will be held on 27th May, the day after I return from Japan so I'll be mega jet-lagged... and anyway I don't fancy spending half my holiday getting lost running around Japanese streets to train for the 20km. Anyway going back to my walk in the park, this was an attempt at detoxifying myself from all the junk I ate and drank this weekend in Dublin. This was a kind of warm-up to my hens party which will be held just a week before the wedding, but Rachel will be missing it so instead we agreed to meet in Dublin instead. Thank God for Ryanair!!! So I left Friday evening after work and came back this morning... was lucky as my boss called a meeting at 10.30am today but the plane landed in Brussels bang on time at 9am and by 10.10 I was at my desk *phew*!!! So here are some highlights of my weekend... which was packed with fun things - good food, beer, wine, dancing and shopping!!! On friday night we ate at the famous Harbour Master pub, started with burgers and beer and followed by a row of yummy shooters. Then on the way home we met (by coincidence) 2 other Maltese girls who Rachel knew and they convinced us to go with them to this club called Howl at the Moon. At first I didnt feel like going.. do you blame me?? - after a day at work, a flight and shooters I just felt like sleeping. But anyway I somehow found some reserve energy and off we went and we ended up having a really good time. First of all the place is really cool! I'm so pissed off that I didnt have my camera otherwise i'd have taken loads of pics. The music was great and we ended up dancing for around 3 hours till they closed at around 2.45 am... yes weird I know but apparently loads of clubs in Dublin close at that time. Saturday was more of a lazy day... had a late start and then took the train to Bray as the weather was great so we thought it would be nice to go by the sea.. check out some pics:
You can walk along the cliffs for around 2 hours. Views are fantastic!!
Me on the pebbly beach, just before our long walk!
And obviously after walking so much we managed to ruin everything by stuffing our faces with these ice-creams!!!
On Sunday we decided we needed energy so started off with a really good breakfast round the corner from Rachel's place. Yummmy, I love eggs, can never resist. My mother's fault as she used to make us eat eggs every day when we were young. Boiled, poached, fried, scrambled, I love them all!!!
Then we went straight to the shops starting at Chanel....

followed by a coffee break at Starbucks....
and ending up at Penney's...

Where you can buy bag-loads of stuff for a few pennies!

After all that shopping Rachel took me to Port house which is this really cool place where you can drink wine and eat tapas. It was delicious... so we ended up eating yet again!!! AAargghh hope my dress still fits!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment